Bankruptcy Attorney Fees
Some bankruptcy law firms advertise a low fee to file your case, but then require you to pay what is referred to as "COSTS", such as court filing fees and credit reports, before they will actually file the case. The advertised rate is different from what you actually pay to be "FILED" and receive a case number. Other bankruptcy law firms may allow you to "RETAIN" their firm for a small fee, but you will have to pay all fees and costs to get "FILED".
At the Law Offices of Keith D. Collier, your bankruptcy case can be "FILED" and you can receive your case number for the amount listed below. A payment plan for your post-filing fees is then designed based on your bankruptcy type and income. Please call our Jacksonville, Daytona Beach or Orlando law office or e-mail us for a full explanation of bankruptcy attorney fees and other bankruptcy costs.
Florida Bankruptcy Cost
- Cases can "FILED" for $0.00 to $430.00. These are the total upfront costs to get "FILED" not to just "RETAIN" and then pay more fees before filing.
- Most cases are filed for $430.00. This covers the $335.00 Court Filing Fee, Pulling the Credit Reports and Credit Scores, running an asset check and tax verification. The remaining balance of fees are paid over a 4 month period based on the clients weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly income source. Most clients pay around $175.00 bi-weekly. Each case is different and has to be quoted be by Attorney Keith D. Collier. Paying more down will lower the monthly payments.
- If you pay all the cost and attorney’s fees before filing, a discount given.
- Bankruptcy attorney fees and other bankruptcy costs are quoted on a case by case basis for Chapter 11 cases.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy is most commonly used to reorganize a business and is therefore a more complicated type of case.
- The Court charges over $1,000.00 for the filing fee.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy with a Loan Modification on your Mortgage
- Most cases "FILED" for $430.00 to $930.00. These are the total upfront costs to get "FILED" not to just "RETAIN" and then pay more fees before filing.
- Most cases are filed for only $430.00. This covers the $310.00 Court Filing Fee, Pulling the Credit Reports and Credit Scores, running an asset check and tax verification. The remaining balance of fees are paid over the life of your Chapter 13 plan. Each case is different and has to be quoted be quoted by Attorney Keith D. Collier.
Mortgage or Other Loan Modifications
- Loan modification fees and other legal costs associated with mortgage modification are quoted on a case by case basis. Generally the cost is $1,500.00.
Contact the Law Offices of Keith D. Collier to speak directly with a Jacksonville Bankruptcy Attorney, Daytona Bankruptcy Attorney or Orlando Bankruptcy Attorney about any specific bankruptcy cost, or to arrange a personalized payment plan.